Sunday, April 22, 2007

Week in Review

This week is very strong for the market, led by Dow, on option expiration week. You can argue it's due to strong earnings, or mixed earnings, depends on your view. For the week, the Dow surged 2.8 percent, the S&P 500 added 2.2 percent, and the Nasdaq rose 1.4 percent.
  1. I think now the market is very overbought, considering major indices are all in the overbought area. I expect a pull back. That's one the of main reasons I added the DXD and DIA and QQQQ puts again yesterday.
  2. And I'll have a very tight leash on the newly added positions, they're intended to be short term positions.
  3. We have more economical news next week. Again how market reacts to these news is more important than the news itself. I've been saying it's a weak economy, should translate to shrinking earnings and therefore lower stock market price, so far it defies the odds and pushes to new highs.
  4. PM stocks and uranium stocks got very strong bounce on Friday, and I will not add here. I'll wait for them to pull back before I add them again.
  5. Among the stocks I'll consider to add are: URZ,FRG,SSRI,PAAS,GSS and EMU. I'll watch other PM stocks as well.
  6. I'm glad I sold SDS, MZZ and part of QID about two weeks ago and bought URZ and EMU. I sold URZ and EMU last Monday and Tuesday. These actions saved me, as an result, now I think I'll hold on to rest of the short ETFs longer with larger loss. But again, I maybe forced to sell if the market just shoot to the moon. Because, at the end, it's the market that decides.
  7. I may adjust my positions again, and may add since I still have a sizable cash position. Let's see what the market bring us next.

0 comments: