Monday, January 21, 2008

First test in 2008

Future looks like we'll have a 4% drop tomorrow at open, and global stock markets dropped biggest percentage in this free fall 2008.
While I totally missed the short opportunity, since I misused it so badly in 2007, I don't deserve the 2nd chance. But now I think the pull back in gold and other commodities, like agriculture should be used as a buying opportunity, like GDX,GLD and DBA. I will add DBA and GDX on pull back, as I already did last Thursday and Friday.
When it's over, these are the groups that will come out strong. I'll add small positions at a time to average the price, I won't be able to pick a bottom, but tomorrow if we have a big drop at open and then come back, I think it's the short term bottom for the market and PM and commodities. Even it's not the bottom, it should be really close in the short term.
Another wild card is Fed, will they be forced to cut interest rate tomorrow to rescue the market? Like what they did in August?
Anyway you put it, it will be a long term plus for gold and precious metal, I think central bankers around the global will be forced to cure the short term problem first, which is recession and credit crunch, and deal long term problem later, which is inflation. So, commodities will go up, in the long term, like in the next 10 years. So I think DBA, GDX and DBC are long term buys. Since energy has a dependence on economy, I think DBC(more than 50% are related to oil and natural gas) may not be the best of these three right now, but long term, all three should do better than the market.

0 comments: