Monday, April 28, 2008

Tough decision

Seems like both precious metals and agriculture ETFs are under pressure, looks like the Fed decision will trigger another round of selloff. It's a tough decision to keep big position in DBA and DBP, I may need to trim them at losses before the Fed's meeting.
On the other hand, seems like lot of people advise to sell PM and DBA, which in itself is a bullish sign for PM and DBA.
Long term trend, I think DBA and gold will outperform market, short term another 5-10% correction is likely. My pick in GDX was bad, my original thinking is right, pure gold and silver will outperform GDX.
Last few days, gold is very weak, ever small gain were sold off at the end of the day or after hour.
Always keep enough cash.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I am in the same situation, but here is a good article: http://online.barrons.com/article/SB120697331965877077.html?mod=mod=crnews

I think it will go up after a few weeks.

curt504 said...

Just something you might research, GLD has a seasonality, down in spring through summer. The USD is also itching to rally especially if the FED holds the rate cut. You might set sell stops on your commodities. Holding assets at their many year extremes are likely to retrace don't you think.

Following the crowd is generally a bad idea. The crowd got into PM/commodities at the beginning fall the beginning of the seasonality for this asset.

Best of luck, curt

Dao said...

Great point, Curt!
I maybe too early to add PM again.
On the other hand, I still think it's a correction in DBA and it's a time to add.