Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sold POT, MOS and AGU

Today is another great day for fertilizer stocks, with AGU, POT and MOS all hit new record high. I decided to cut my positions in agriculture stocks and still keep MOO, DBA and DAG.
  1. I think POT, MOS and AGU can go higher, but I don't want to be the one without chair when the music stops. I took the good profit on all these three.
  2. I hope to add all three of these back when they have a meaningful pull back. Until then, I'll raise cash.
  3. Still hold MOO, DBA and DAG. I think short term, DBA may do better than MOO, and I may consider reduce them as well.
  4. I still keep KOL, ARLP and PCX. I will consider to trim these as well.
  5. Comparing to agriculture and coal, my investment in GDX is bad. This again proves you have to follow the market, let market lead you to find the correct investment, don't fall in love of a idea and stick to it. I think gold may do well if market tanks, but other than that, commodities should do better than gold.

0 comments: