Friday, July 11, 2008

Bloody day

Today is as close as it can get for a panic selling, it's blood on wall street. Yes, it may sell off again, and if on Monday FNM and FRE go under, that's pretty much the same as Bear Stearns' last Friday. I added more UYG and DDM today.
  1. FNM and FRD were both down like 50% at one point of the day, and FRE only down 3% at the close. This tells me something will happen this weekend.
  2. Financials were down for more than one month straight, a bounce is almost certain, just don't know if it's from here, or it's another 5-10% dive before it bounces. But I felt it's cheap enough, so I added more UYG, and some DDM.
  3. I really hope we'll not have a bloody Monday, but if that's the case, I'll add more.
  4. It's very painful and tough.
  5. And I sold GDX today, my only winner today. I'll use the cash to add beaten down ETFs. If oil and gold continue to go up, too bad for me. But I think now owning commodities is riskier than owning DIA, SPY and XLF.
  6. Yes, everyone is shorting financials and think LEH,FNM and FRE will go under, but I think government won't let that happen, therefore, it's rewarding to own these beaten down stocks in this very bearish market.
  7. When people are selling, it's time to be brave. So I bought more today.

0 comments: