Monday, August 4, 2008

Added more energy stocks

Today, oil sold off more than $4, and UNG is down 7% at this point. I think the energy stocks, specially natural gas stocks are oversold before today's selling, now they're way oversold. I added more energy related stocks.
  1. Added XTO. It's down 41% since it's topped 4 weeks ago.
  2. Added KOL. Down 8% today.
  3. Added UNG. Down 36% vs. oil down 18% 4 weeks ago.
  4. Added CHK. Similar to XTO.

Yes, no one for sure knows where is the bottom, but I think a bounce is likely in these.

Another lessons I learned is fertilizer stocks, I got in early and it had a strong bounce, I didn't sell, now it's under water after today's big sell off in fertilizer stocks. You can't attach to a stock and think it's up from where you bought, you have to take quick profit.

Financials are held ok, and I still sit on a big UYG position.

0 comments: