Thursday, February 8, 2007

Gold is about to break out

  1. Since reached $730 last May, gold has been consolidating, with big swings. Now the big triangle formed since last May is narrowing, which indicates another big move is on the way. I think it's on the up side.
  2. GLD closed up today to $65.52, as a result, most PM stocks recovered nicely and finished higher. If gold can break $660 and stay there for a few days, then $700 is the next short term target. If oil breaks $60 tomorrow, then it's a plus for gold.
  3. AEM and GG are in good shape technically, SSRI hits a new closing high today. FRG and PAAS are overbought, and kind of rollover. But long term, I like these 5 stocks and think they're the stocks to own in PM.
  4. As for what happens for silver if the market is in downturn? My research found that silver is more tied to gold than to the S&P 500, even though most of its demands come from industrial applications. Remember, silver is a precious metal, not a base metal. As a matter of fact, silver outperforms gold in PM's bull market. But never say never, if I choose silver stocks, I'll choose the strongest, I like SSRI the best, then PAAS, third one is SLW.
  5. RIMM showed its strength again today and I didn't do anything. I am obsessed with RIMM and that's not a good thing. Yes, I have an opinion on RIMM, but I should not bet heavily on RIMM to prove myself, that's recipe for failure.
  6. Similarly, my QID position were added because of my overall market analysis.
  7. I still think I'm right on RIMM and QID, but don't bet too much on one egg. I won't add to QID and will only add a small RIMM put position if there is an exhausted gap up again.
  8. I added a few articles related to uranium and gold and put them under the "Simple Financial Article" section.

1 comments:

Isleworth Group CEO said...

I think th problem with RIMM is not that you are short - it is that EVERYONE on earth is short and/or loaded in puts.

There is a faction of shorts from lower levelss just trying to get even and new shorts coming on everyday.

It reminds me of the days when everyone on earth was lng a stock, but the issue was WHO is going to buy today? to move it up

i belive two factors are at issue. 1 short covring from a long ways ago and 2) insdiers who for one reason or another will nto sell and its allowing a few to play iwth its small float

Just my opinion