Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Dow touched 12700 for the first time

  1. Another strong day for the market, specially Nasdaq. As a result, QID lost 2.3% to close at 51.60.
  2. Now I have to research on the overall market trend and wonder if I can add QID when it's below 51, or wait for better entry.
  3. PM lost ground and finished lower today. I still like FRG, SSRI, AEM, PAAS , GG and GDX long term. They're all in good shape and are in consolidation after recent gain.
  4. Short term, FRG is vulnerable, it formed a shooting star pattern today, I'll use the correction to add, 10 to 10.50 are good area to add. Long term, it's can easily double the price in 1-2 year. My target is 15 to 17 this year should gold and uranium's price keep moving up as predicted.
  5. RIMM didn't give me chance to add put, it finished lower to 136.69. I won't add put until it touches 142. And I think there is good chance it won't and go straight down from here.
  6. RIMM may have some new product news, these may create a short term rally, but I doubt it.
  7. RIMM will release official earning before or on March 3rd, by then it has to report the internal investigation on its option practice and the impact on past earning, it may be the excuse for funds to exit RIMM. We'll see.
  8. I think my PM stock bias will work out well long term, but QID may not be a wise choice, at least timing is way off, and may lose money as a result. But now I still don't think the market will move up significantly from here without meaningful correction, I may sell QID when that happens and focus on PM and some speculative put, like RIMM and BIDU.

0 comments: