Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Complacency

  1. Today looks like the market may finally take a break, but no, the bulls pushed the market from red to green again. Investors and traders are too complacent to allow the market to dip into red, even for a day or two. Another sign of topping.
  2. RIMM started up, then spent most of the day in red before finished up to 137.6. I didn't add anything there, it may have another exhausted gap up before all are settled, so still wait for the 142-146 area to buy put.
  3. Gold, silver and PM shares are doing pretty well today.
  4. I'm glad I cut ABX, reduced PAAS and used the funds to buy FRG, SSRI and AEM. At least today it worked out well.
  5. Long term, I think SSRI and FRG will do better than GDX, PAAS and AEM will do better than GDX. And GDX will do better than GLD.
  6. I'll watch RIMM the next few days, plan is to add June or Sept. puts when it hits between 142 to 146.
  7. Actually, it forms a Hanging Man pattern, which is bearish. So if want to be really aggressive, can buy put tomorrow morning, when RIMM rides on CSCO's cocktail, it may go up 1-2 points tomorrow morning.
  8. Since I already have RIMM puts and they're under water, I'll be patient and wait for better entry. If RIMM goes down, I have positions already. If it goes up, I can get better entry points for the put.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

dude, dont get married to your rimm idea.. keep your ego on the side..