Tuesday, February 13, 2007

MA in the mining industry

  1. Today Dow was up 0.8% and was the the leading force for today's market, due to Alcoa take over rumor.
  2. Nasdaq was up 0.4%, mainly due to CMCSA and TEVA. GOOG and AAPL, the two leaders of recent Nasdaq's bull run, were flat today. I'll watch these two closely as they may tell us Nasdaq's next move. Based on recent price movement of these two, I think Nasdaq is heading lower. QID was down 0.9%.
  3. Alcoa is only a rumor and the real take over in mining was happened in uranium mining. SXR Uranium One Inc. agreed to buy UrAsia Energy Ltd. for $3.1 billion, to form the world's second- largest uranium producer as rising demand for nuclear fuel drives prices to records.
  4. As a result, today FRG was up 6% and URZ 3%, only EMU was flat. The MA in uranium will be great news for the junior uranium stocks, like URZ, FRG and EMU.
  5. I was fortunate to add FRG two weeks ago and again last week. I added a small position in URZ and EMU yesterday.
  6. All PM stocks are doing great, with ^GDM up 1.66%. AEM, GG, SSRI, PAAS showed solid gains today. As I mentioned last Thursday, I think gold is about to break out, there are lot of momentum in PM sector and I won't be surprised to see them go much higher this Spring.
  7. Gold stocks should do really well, since silver stocks already got great run since the start of the year, I expect SSRI and PAAS to take a break before next major move. Actually, the last few days, both SSRI and PAAS were not as strong as they were a week ago. My move to reduce PAAS and add FRG seems pay off, at least the last few days.
  8. Today RIMM was flat again, in spite of a good news from Piper Jaffray (saying it will beat the target). Volume is light again, this tells me not much buying here. A few months back, news like this will send RIMM 3-5% higher. And this happens two days in a row, yesterday, they released a new product and stock was down. I keep short term target at $120.
  9. And $120 is a critical point for RIMM. Since Nov.2006, RIMM was traded between the $120 and $140 channel, if you buy ever time it's close to 120 and sell ever time it's close to 140, you can make lot of money. The theory is, this time it should bounce off $120 again.
  10. If it hits $120 soon, and if doesn't bounce, then I think a bear trend is set for RIMM. The first 'if', I'm pretty sure; the second 'if', I'm about 50/50.
  11. I'll continue to hold QID as well as PM shares. May consider to take some RIMM put off if it's close to $120. But I'll keep Jan.2008 put in place, just take the March put off.

0 comments: