Monday, February 12, 2007

Nasdaq and the market

  1. Nasdaq looks weak and acts like it. Some of the recent Nasdaq leaders such as GOOG and AAPL are all way off their highs. Watching these two can tell us the direction of the market's next move.
  2. I mentioned before GOOG's earning release, that its price will move $50 up or down from its $500 level, now looks like it will touch $450. But I didn't follow through and buy straddle since they're expensive at the time. Sometimes, the idea you didn't follow turns out to be winner.
  3. PM shares are weak as well, SSRI, PAAS, AEM and GG were all down for the day with ^GDM lost 1%. This is mainly due to the weak oil and strength of the dollar today. I think gold is about the break out and we have lot of momentum left in PM shares.
  4. RIMM was down a fraction today.The only significance is today it released its BlackBerry 8800, its thinnest BlackBerry ever with great features, but the stock was down for the day! It tells me people are not buying RIMM now. RIMM is about to lose its momentum and will move lower as a result, the short term target is $120.
  5. This weekend I did some research on uranium and found there are two more uranium stocks to trade: URZ and EMU.
  6. I like both and built a small position in both today. I'll watch them, right now my main uranium play is FRG, that may change in the future. I think uranium is the commodity to own for the next decade.

0 comments: