Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dow hits new all time high, again

The Asian selloff could not bring down the Dow. Google reported solid earning after market closed. But in no way it's a blowout like in 2005 and 2006, let's see what the market does tomorrow.
  1. GOOG lost its great growth momentum in 2006 and now it starts to mature, and it's very big now. I don't see it grows 100% any more, it will slow down. So I won't be surprised it will close flat or lower tomorrow, just like EBAY shot up afterhour last night, only closed down more than 3% today.
  2. RIMM is very consistent in providing update which needs "more time", this time to explain the reason for the outage. I think they need more time doing that, right now they're in the state of "needing more time" to bring earning up to date. They need time to spin the bad news.
  3. Uranium stocks like URZ, EMU, FRG and CCJ were all taking a hit today, along with precious metals and other commodities, due to concerns that China may have to curb its white hot economy, with 11.1% GDP and 3.5% inflation. I'll wait to enter these stocks, hopefully in lower price.
  4. I was fortunate to sell URZ and EMU at a profit several days ago. And I totally missed the PM stocks since I sold them on Feb.27th, like SSRI and PAAS, even after today's 4% drop on them. But these are the stocks on my watching list.
  5. Almost all sectors were down a little, except Dow and biotech. I still think market is in an unstable top that may find it difficult to move up, but easy to rollover.
  6. Next week's housing numbers and Q1 GDP number will give us more color about the economy, and some more earning news.
  7. I'll keep QID, plus puts on RIMM, QQQQ, CFC. I hope they'll work out well for me, if there is a correction heading into May and summer.

0 comments: