Thursday, April 26, 2007

Focus

Today the market took a break, AMZN and AAPL jumped to new highs. After market closed, MSFT had a solid earning release.
  1. I think now the market is at a critical point again, can it successfully consolidate and then move higher?
  2. From TA perspective, it's overbought and pullback is good for bulls too.
  3. From FA perspective, the economy is slowing and we may head into recession. But on the other hand, that has not translated to weak earnings; actually, recent market rise is due to good earning reports. And there are talks about liquidity in the market which causes the rise.
  4. Tomorrow's GDP may give us more color on the economy and let's see how market reacts to the news.
  5. I'm again on the wrong side of the market recently, it costs me a lot, but I'm still holding the positions and want to see further evidence before I adjust again. Now I still think short is the way to go, but what do I know?
  6. Even this market crashes, my timing is wrong. If the market rises from here, then I'm dead wrong!
  7. I need to focus on reducing the position sizes so that I can sit there to wait for the best moment to enter main positions, I committed too large of positions too early.
  8. Let's keep the cash and don't add any more, let's exit the existing positions first before I add again. Now it's kind of careless for me!
  9. Short squeeze caused AMZN jump 40% in two days, and the big earning surprise was partly due to lower tax rate (from 40% to 23%), but since there are lot of people shorting, so momentum players jumped in to force short to cover. 100 million shares traded yesterday and 60 million shares traded today, average volume is 8 million shares a day. But once the volumes dry up, so do the momentum players, I see if below 50 in next month if there is a market correction, and below 55 if market is flat or up slightly. Buying put here is the best, just don't short, it may go to 65, who knows. Its PE is 140, like in 2000?

0 comments: