Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It's killing me

This market is killing me today. Yesterday and last Friday, I took the pain to cut losses of IWM puts I added on Thursday, and today IWM down 2%. If I hold these puts, they are winners instead of losers. This market made me nervous. And if I hold these positions, I'm sure it will go higher on light volume again. But what does not kill me makes me stronger!
  1. Yes, I added QID and MZZ today, and shorted FXI today. FXI is way extended, and if we do have a small pull back to test S&P500 1490, then I think FXI will give another 3-4 points back, if not more.
  2. And like before, the market may have another bounce tomorrow, that's the pattern of lately, but these should be used as short opportunity.
  3. I'll use these ultra ETFs to play the market more.
  4. Back to the market action, I see it bounces a little, then goes down to test 1490 in S&P500, then it will go up again, maybe test all time high again.
  5. ^VIX jumped today, but it's not over, maybe a two time wonder this time, I can feel the bears are getting stronger and bulls are getting weaker as we are heading into summer.
  6. If the market get a lower low this time, then very likely this is the top of 2007 before year end.
  7. The government talks about summer terrorists attacks, saying it's their preferred season; and we have dollar almost on the edge again, which is the first thing that got the Feb.27th mini crash started. So for people who long the market, they better take some profits.
  8. On Feb.27th, it took one day to cut 3 months gain. So be careful and be prepared for a fall like that.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simple Trade - You are so out of synch with the markets and devoid of any coherent investment allocation plan that the best advice I, with 45 years of investing and trading experience, can suggest IS that you just go to cash and take a few weeks off and get your psyche straightened out.

In this business, if your investment approach is successful, you keep doing it til it doesn't work anymore. Since what you've been doing for many months now IS NOT working, it needs to be stopped and a fresh approach has to be taken. It is time for you to consider less day trading and more thought on asset and sector allocations.

hlgold
(portfoliomanager@comcast.net)