Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Be cool

The market was volatile today, up and down, several times over, and S&P made a 26 swing in the last 35 minutes, just like last Friday it dropped 20 points in the last 30 minutes.
  1. I had to liquidate positions today, and I didn't sell at bottom, and it's not top either.
  2. I missed yesterday's golden chance to unload my calls, since I thought I got the rally going for me. I'm still not careful enough.
  3. Now is time to continue to unload these calls, even with losses.
  4. SSO and UWM, can hold a little longer, but options, I don't think I can hold them over the weekend.
  5. Be cool.
  6. So far this year, it's an expensive learning experience for me!
  7. I have to fight another day.

The market:

  1. VIX hit new high again today.
  2. Just like yesterday was very bearish in actions, today was very bullish, the indices closed higher after touching new lows!
  3. Maybe the PPT was taking actions. By the number, you have to think it's not traders doing the work, it's like a computer program at work.
  4. Let's see if this indeed is the bottom, we need tomorrow and Friday to close higher than today, we need follow through.
  5. After the bounce (to 1490-1510), it probably will go down again.

0 comments: