Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Out

After yesterday's rally, today I decided to move to the sideline. I think it's a bear market's sharp rally and there are more downside to go. Late afternoon's selling proves my point.
  1. Sold AAPL for a tiny gain.
  2. Sold ORCL.
  3. Sold ABK for a loss. I learned the lesson, will not play these kind of stocks for a long period of time. I had my moments to sell for a profit, I didn't.
  4. Sold NLR for a loss.
  5. Sold most GLD for a small gain.
  6. Now I'm almost 100% cash, a very small GLD, and that's it.
  7. So far in 2008, I'm ahead due to the gains from GDX, DBA and DBC. Losses are from ABK and NLR, fortunately, they're relatively small.
  8. I need to follow this idea in the future: to add big positions on safe and sound tradeable ideas, and limit speculative trades to a smaller size.

I expect to add GLD, SLV, DGP, DBA and DBC on commodity corrections, and add them over time.

I expect market to go lower over the next few months, when that happens, gold and other commodities will go lower with the market.

0 comments: