Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sold KOL, added MF

Overall, I think market may go side way for a while before it decides which direction it wants to go. So I raised cash recently to book the profit.
  1. Sold KOL for a good and quick profit. I'll add coal related stocks on pull backs, same as fertilizer stocks.
  2. Added MF. This is really a speculative play. Comparing to LEH, it's fundamentals are better, and I hope it will have an oversold bounce. I noticed when it tanked twice early this year, it always bounced back. Yesterday it closed almost at the low, today it touched a new low and then closed higher, with big volume at the last 30 minutes. I think big players were buying. Target is $10-13. Long term, this can be a $20-$40 stocks if financials are back.
  3. Still hold DBA and DAG, hope it's not a mistake, but today it cut my profit big time. I hope it will stop soon. In a few months, any additional bad news will drive DBA over $50; but if we'll have good news to relieve the pressure, it can easily back to 36 and 35 area. I'll take the chances and think the June 30th report from USDA will start another round of rally. Let's see what happens. I may reduce the position size to reduce the exposure.
  4. Still waiting for better entries in MOO and KOL as well.

0 comments: