Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sharp and patient

  1. I need to be sharp, take profit when I have one, specially in position like UYG. I let UYG went through $24 twice and now I am under water again.
  2. On energy and Ag stocks, I was too early in MOS, AGU and POT. Too early in UNG. But XTO and CHK are close to the bottom. After today's pop, these two are profitable. And I sold CHK today to raise cash.
  3. So two things to improve in order to make money:
  4. In oversold sector, like XLF, once I choose double ETF, I should take profit when I have one. Yes, it can go higher, but it's oversold for a reason: it's weak fundamentally and technically.
  5. On the other hand, some solid picks, like energy and Ag stocks, need patience, why enter big positions once, I should average down. If I do this in MOS and AGU, I can be profitable now. Instead, I am under water in these two. And I am late on XTO and CHK, or "patient enough", or "lucky enough", that's why I am winning on these two.
  6. Think I will reduce XTO if it continue to rise, since this energy correction may not be over, so be careful.
  7. Someone commented on PDO, just too small for me. I don't have enough insight to play a small cap stock, too risky.

0 comments: