Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lost

I have to admit, I am lost. Market crashed again today, down 7% and Dow had 6th triple digit down days in a row! All the indicators are out of charts now. VIX hit yet another record, at 63!
  1. This is not a yearly event or decade event, this is once a life time event!
  2. We have to go back to 1970s and 1929 to find similar case in the stock market. This is even worse than 1987, which was down 26% in one day, but recovered quickly.
  3. I finally gave up MS and UYG. After I sold, MS was down another 15% and UYG another 15%!
  4. And I was afraid of a strong rally to come, so I switched most of the money to MOS.MOO and KOL. I feel safe on these three, knowing they're worth something. MS, and UYG, I am not sure, my speculation on WM, cost me 100% loss! After I bought these three, they were down about 5-8%!
  5. Today we have 20% swing in many stocks!
  6. This is the great crash I was talking about a few days back!
  7. I am so sorry that I screwed up my account again!I am shameful!!!!
  8. But I will work hard to make me a better person, in life, in work and in trading.A year ago, I was shorting this market like crazy, and I was burned. Now I am long this market, since I think Fed is always behind the market, but this time, it didn't matter! Shorts finally have their day, and I was on the wrong side again.
  9. Millions people are losing money and houses at this moment! This is life!
  10. The government, congress, when they had chances to act quickly, they wanted to see market reaction, now they got it! But this is not an excuse! I take full responsibility of my mistakes! I made mistakes in the last few days, and it cost me dearly!
  11. I will and have to work additional years to just get back to even the losses. I was careless and took a calculated risk, betting a bounce on a way oversold market, and I was burned by that! This is a once a life time event!
  12. Just 4 days ago, I was far better than the S&P 500, now, I almost want to kill myself!
  13. I will end the note on 13. Since it's such a luck number! I will pick myself up and move on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your lost. A big part of the problem is that Papa Goverment and Mama mass media has tried to direct our thinking. When people like Ron Paul tried to warn people they were treated like insane.
This is not your once in a while bear market, this is an ugly once in our life time market. I recommend you go to Youtube, search: Ron Paul economy, Peter schiff, Jim Rogers. You can get the book by Peter Schiff in Amazon.
My prediction is that soon we will see a little bull (once the 700 b, that are and will destroy the dollar, kick in the economy) and then a lot more bear due to the destruction of the dollar. Keep up the faith and don't despair. I always enjoy reading your comments . . .

Anonymous said...

Keep it up! Don't lose faith. You're very logical in your trading, but not flexible enough.