Thursday, January 22, 2009

Think again

Atilla maybe the best trader. He made some very "stupid" moves yesterday and then today, hedging to the down side, while market actually went up from where he hedged. But I think about this, he is really smart and shrewed.
  1. He sensed that maybe this is not the low, maybe we'll have another capitulation before the rally, so he kept enough cash and only have a small positions in.
  2. I was really stupid by not selling my profitable C, BGU,SSO by the close of yesterday afternoon, and I was bad to even added BAC calls this morning.
  3. I reversed this by selling off SOO,BGU and C, all for losses in IRA, ST and ET. To keep enough cash.
  4. The key is to have enough cash to ride the market, specially if there are a 10% drop in the market. On the other hand, reduce TNA when I have the chance. Another 10% means 30% in my TNA, which is big.
  5. These traders are not on xTrends to show their stupidity, they are really good.
  6. Still like the sold of TNA puts, if I was careful last Friday, I should only do that and keep all the 27K. Instead, now I added BAC calls, 2 TNA. Bad, really bad.
  7. And I could just waited yesterday and sell FAS,BGU and SSO for good profit in the afternoon, but I sold early due to Atilla's alert. Another bad move.
  8. I bought WFR and sold covered calls on these, that's good. Think as solid as POT purchases and covered calls should yield good results for me.
  9. Now, let's wait and wait, and don't jump in with both feet, until it's down under 700, then I will bet big.
blog comments powered by Disqus