Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Gold breaks out

  1. Gold broke $675 today. Silver was strong, dollar was strong, oil was strong. These show you that there are lot of money chasing assets. I believe a major up leg for gold and silver is in place, gold shall take out last year's high of $725 by the end of Spring.
  2. PM stocks were very strong today. Can't complain. AEM up 5.4%, GG 4.3% , IAG 3.9%, GDX 3.7%, SLW 3.7%, PAAS 3.5%, SSRI 3.4%, GLD 3%, SLV 2.9%. They will be sharply higher by the end of Spring or early Summer.
  3. I moved away from GG yesterday, since I'm afraid it will start to buy again. AEM, AUY, KGC, are all within its reach. Since it's hard to find gold reserves, it's cheaper for senior companies to just pay a high premium to buy junior or intermediate gold companies. If gold goes to $1000, $2000, people will forgive the high price they pay today.
  4. After the close, AEM and PAAS delivered record earnings and revenues, their reserves increased. Pretty much good news all around. After hour, AEM was up 2.2% and PAAS up 0.3%.
  5. I felt like I worked so hard on these PM positions and they shot up to reward me.
  6. On the other hand, I worked hard on QID and RIMM too, but these two just didn't listen to me and continued to puzzle me. RIMM and QQQQ's recent actions don't make any sense. Sometimes, irrational things can go unchecked for a long time, just like the 1999 and 2000 Internet bubble.
  7. It's just a matter of time before they finally catch up what the market tells us today: inflation is higher than the rosy picture Mr. Bernanke painted for us. If the Q4 GDP is revised downward, then the growth is weaker than stock market is expected, it will crash the market in a hurry. Goodbye, goldilocks economy.
  8. URZ was up 6.3% today and EMU down 0.3%. FRG was down 1.7%. All three have a monster move recently. Since I exchanged from FRG to EMU and URZ recently, the returns are pretty much the same should I not take the move.
  9. I added EMU and URZ again early today, as a result, even today's positions are up. These three uranium stocks can double in a year, if uranium price continue to rise.

1 comments:

curt504 said...

that FRG ipo announcement is odd isn't it? I can't find any info on what this means, and is it dillution or not or ??

good luck, curt