Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Market is very strong today

  1. Nasdaq was down 0.5% before closed up 0.7%. This is as strong as a market can get. AAPL was the leader, and SIRI and XMSR's merger news helped as well.
  2. RIMM was up 2.8 to close at 141.62. I was able to add Sept. ITM puts today. I think the key is gradual and small each time. It's hard to pick the absolute peak, so I'll add when it's up big. Next target is to add put when it's above 145, then 150.
  3. Make sure use Sept. or Jan. put. Don't use March put. I was burned recently for my reckless action to buy March put, and only sell a small position, but kept the rest. This is very hard lesson. The one I sold, profit is 30%. The one I kept, it's down.
  4. Gold lost the biggest per cent in two weeks. As a result, AEM, GG, SSRI and PAAS was down today.
  5. I sold GG today. I sensed it's possible that GG wants to buy again, I guess that's the reason they sold some mines to get cash. That's the reason I sold it today. I remember well last year when they announced to buy GLG, it's down more than 8% that day. I don't want this to happen again.
  6. I bought IAG and SLW today to maintain my silver and gold exposures. I like IAG since it's flat recently, while GRS, AUY and AEM all had a decent rally since Jan. 2007. I added SLW since I already have a big SSRI position and a small PAAS position.
  7. QID was down again, after up 1.5% early today. I won't worry too much, I have time to wait on this one.
  8. I don't have time to wait on my options, these ones that expire in March. Unless RIMM moves down quickly. I also got GDX March call options, down big today.
  9. Option lesson: always take profit quickly when you have a decent profit on options. If you wait, time is against you, and it eats the time premium quickly.

1 comments:

pbierd said...

RIMM peak out at $147