Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wait

Market and RIMM:

  1. What a weak bounce today. I hoped to see a 1.3% bounce on Nasdaq (1/3 of yesterday's loss) and start to use QID and QQQQ put to play the market. There is a high possibility here the market will bounce and then start to fall sharply again.
  2. RIMM got a weak bounce today. The official review will be on next Monday instead of this Friday. I have to interpret this as a bit weak indication that they need time (weekend) to prepare and spin the news. If it's good news, they'll let it out early and push up the shares.
  3. I continue to believe market is heading lower, RIMM is heading much lower.
  4. I will be patient and wait for the market to show me the true color. As far as I'm concerned, I hear yesterday's message loud and clear: market is heading lower, much lower.
  5. It's not a good time to buy here, it's a good time to short any strength. Today, the market was weak and didn't show its true intention.

PM and uranium:

  1. I used today's bounce to liquidate the last GDX, URZ and EMU positions.
    Now I can start fresh to build PM positions and uranium positions again.
  2. The bounce in PM shares today is decent, better than the market average. It shows its strength.
  3. From momentum point of view, AUY, KGC, SSRI, PAAS, URZ and FRG were strong today, so likely to consider them.
  4. From valuation point of view, EMU, IAG, SLW, AEM are candidates to consider.

0 comments: