Thursday, April 5, 2007

Another quiet day, another push higher

I took some action today, following yesterday's idea. Market was quiet, but just pushed higher.
  1. I sold all my SDS, and some MZZ and QID today. I raised the cash so I can play them later.
  2. I add some positions in URZ. Still like the uranium play, but I took initial position here and may add later on.
  3. Short term the market may go higher, by reducing my short ETF positions, I can stay with my large QID positions longer.
  4. And I still believe later this year, we'll have a tough time for the market.
  5. RIMM shot up again. Will wait until it release the earning. If it's a good earning, and it shoot up in the morning, but could not hold, then I'll add put again. If it's a bead earning and shares sell off, then I already have enough puts.
  6. Now at least I can have a good long weekend to research more on market.
  7. CNB was very weak today, wonder if something is up. Play these regional banks with large mortgage exposure is a good idea, if the thesis of dropping housing price is right.

What's next:

  1. Overall market short. Using existing Ultra short ETFs.
  2. Play long on uranium.
  3. Wait on PM.
  4. Play short and puts on financials with large mortgage exposure.
  5. Wait to add put on RIMM, the higher it goes before the earning, the better the chance it will sell off after the earning report. But I won't add put here, since I have enough.

0 comments: