Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Time to raise cash

Another day, another up day for market. Even though it's small, but one of my position's loss crossed over 10% today!
  1. Yes, the market may go down, maybe next week.
  2. But it's time for me to raise cash again. I can't let the portfolio get out of control.
  3. So I'll keep a really tight leash and may cut it loose anytime. One position at a time, of course.
  4. I put myself in this position, due to careless money management.
  5. By keeping enough cash, I can always come back, if my next trade is right.
  6. URZ, SSRI, these two my previous big positions, just broke to new high today. After I sold them on Feb.27th, I have chance to pick them up at 10-20% discount, I didn't do a thing. Instead, I was fixed to one idea and one idea only: the market is going to crash.
  7. I just forgot my rule: keep an open mind.
  8. I still believe the market will have more chance to crash than rally, but my rule is 10%, so let's take them out one position at a time.
  9. Don't rush back with URZ and SSRI, it may punish me again on the way down. I need to take a break, and keep any new positions small.
  10. One reader commented and wanted to buy put on RIMM after the "good" earning release, actually, I agree with you. I have the same thought. But, please keep in mind, use a small position, don't try to make a kill on one position. It's a very risky and speculative play, that's the only advice I can give to you. And, it maybe wrong, since I've been wrong on RIMM for the last 4 months! Yes, it may sell on news, like it did last quarter, but you never know.

0 comments: