Monday, April 9, 2007

Continue to add uranium stocks

Today the market was flat again, low volume as well. Traders and investors were waiting for the news later this week. For me, another day followed last Thursday's action, I added uranium stocks and reduced QID positions.
  1. I sold some more QID today and added URZ and EMU.
  2. The entry price for URZ was pretty high, same as EMU. But I guess I can hold them long term if it doesn't work out short term. Both of them were overbought and were in a new leg up, I don't know how high they'll go this time.
  3. Uranium price touched $113 today, from $95 last week. It's the biggest price jump for uranium, from all the data I can find. So very impressive.
  4. The reason I added URZ and EMU is, once more and more people know the uranium story, it will further add hot money in URZ and EMU, so it's possible there is another massive rally ahead of these stocks. But a correction is expected too, just don't know when and how big the correction is.
  5. I think I'm done repositioning for now, and let's see what market brings us next.
  6. I still think the next big move in market is down, but now I have a greatly reduced short positions. New portfolio is updated today to reflect my positions.
  7. Long uranium and short general market is my main idea, will adjust of course.
  8. And I think uranium is great for long term, for 2007, it may touch $130-150, depends if the alternative energy policy is hot again once the primary heats up into 2008. So any sharp correction should be bought in URZ, EMU, FRG and CCJ.
  9. I don't see the same fire and intensity in PM shares as in uranium stocks, of course, things can change any day. But I like the uranium story and like its momentum as well.

0 comments: